My paintings have been recognized with the following Awards:
- Juror’s Award - Society of Watercolor Artists, 35th International Juried Exhibition
- Honorable Mention - National Watercolor Society, China/NWS International Small Image Exchange Exhibit
- Purchase Award - National Art Museum of China, 6th Beijing Biennale
- Second Prize - Western Federation of Watercolor Societies, 39th Annual Exhibition
- Third Prize - Watercolor Artist Magazine, National (Cover?) Competition
- Jack Richeson Award of Merit - Transparent Watercolor Society of America, 38th Annual Juried Exhibition
- Ann Thornton Memorial Award - Society of Watercolor Artists, Annual International Juried Art Exhibition
- First Prize for Realism - International Art Contest
- First Prize - Professional Artist Magazine, First Annual
- Honorable Mention - Watercolor Artist Magazine, Watermedia Competition
- Outstanding Watercolor – International Guild of Realism, 8th Annual International Juried Exhibition
- Georgia Ann Newton Award - Transparent Watercolor Society of America, 37th Annual Juried Exhibition
- Finalist in Still Life Category - Art Renewal Center (ARC), International 2012-2013 Salon
- Gurdon & Mildred Evans Memorial Award - The Arts Guild of Old Forge, Inc., Adirondacks National Exhibit of American Watercolors
- Merit Award - Greenville Arts Council (GAC), 5th Juried Biennial Invitational
- Merit Award for Works on Paper - Delta Artist Association, The Dog Days of Summer: Delta Artists Along Deer Creek
- M. Graham and Co. Merchandise Award - Western Federation of Watercolor Societies, 38th Annual Exhibition
- J. W. Young Gallery Award - Mississippi Watercolor Society, 28th Grand National Watercolor Exhibition
- Grand Prize - Daniel Smith, 9th Annual Customer Art Contest
- Best in Show - Mississippi Watercolor Society, Member Show
- Best of Show - Delta Artists Association, Annual Member Exhibit
- 2nd Place in Watermedia - Texas Watercolor Society, 63rd Annual Exhibition
- 2nd Place in Watermedia - Richeson 75, Landscape, Seascape and Architecture Competition
- 2nd Place in Watermedia - Richeson 75, Small Works Competition
- Third Prize - Society of Watercolor Artists, International Juried Exhibition
- Honorable Mention - Louisiana Watercolor Society, 42nd International Exhibition
- Honorable Mention - Watercolor Art Society–Houston, 35th International Exhibition
- Honorable Mention - Mississippi Watercolor Society, Grand National
- Honorable Mention - Fondren Renaissance Foundation, The Cedars Juried Art Show
- Region III Award and Totally Transparent Award - Tennessee Watercolor Society, 33rd Exhibition
- Salis International Award - Southern Watercolor Society, 35th Annual Exhibition
- Nell Dorsey Memorial Award - Ohio Valley Art League and Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Best of Show - Mississippi Watercolor Society Members Show 2011
- Finalist – Richeson 75 – Animals, Birds and Wildlife 2011
- Dr. Donald and Helen Budd Burness Memorial Award - the Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors, Old Forge, NY, for “Delta Sky”
- Second Prize - Keystone National 2011: Juried Exhibition of Works on Paper, Art Center School and Galleries, Mechanicsburg, PA, for “Yellow Pears on Foil.”
- Pearl Appleby Memorial Award – Watercolor USA 2011, for “Apples and Pear on Foil”
- Honorable Mention – Mississippi Watercolor Society Grand Ntl. Watercolor Exhibition 2011, for “Banana Split Dish Plus”
- I am pleased to report that I have been accepted as a member of the Watercolor Honor Society. I look forward to participation in their activities, especially their international programs in Japan and other international locations.
2008 - 2009
- The Kent Day Memorial Award – Allied Artist of America, 2010
- Artists Magazine 2010 Art Competition - Finalist
- Purchase Award – Tennessee Watercolor Society’s 32nd Biennial Exhibition, 2010
- Pleiades Gallery - New York, 2010 - Juried Show
- Paint America Top 100 – Top Still Life Award, 2010
- Vivian Chevillon Award - Transparent Watercolor Society Show, 2010
- Laurin's painting "Williamsburg Soldiers" a finalist for the cover contest in the Summer 2009 issue of American Artist Watercolor magazine - Click Here to View (PDF)
- Visual Abundance garnered the First Prize in this year’s Members Show of the Society of Watercolor Artist of Fort Worth. I was pleased to give a presentation on how to Market Your Art to this group on December 8. I had given the same presentation to the Louisiana Watercolor Society several months ago.
- My painting Silver & Crystal with Magnolia was accepted in the recent international show of the Allied Artists of America where it was awarded The Kent Day Coe Memorial Award for Watercolor. This is first time I have been in this show. I am pleased to have been included in a show that includes a wide range of media, www.alliedartistsofamerica.org.
- 11th Annual Faces International Juried Online Art Exhibition - March 2009 - Feb 2010 - www.UpstreamPeopleGallery.com
- Three paintings have been accepted in the Richeson 75: Still Life and Floral Competition: Water Media 2009. One of those, Peony - Explosion won Second Prize
- My painting, Plymouth Silver won the Board of Directors Award at the Watercolor Missouri National 2009.
- Three paintings were accepted in the Richeson 75: Figure/Portrait 2009 Competition: Watermedia. One of the Cowboy with Red Kerchief can be seen on their website.
- Rooftops – New York won the Annual Membership Award in The Society of Watercolor Artists, Inc, 28th Annual Juried Exhibition 2009, Fort Worth, TX.
- Due to the high quality of craftmanship, compotion and creativity in noted works such as "Bicycles Amsterdam", "Tiger Lilies" and "Three Halves and a Quarter"; Laurin has been chosen recently to be a Juried Member of The International Guild of Realism. He is looking forward to the juried gallery exhibition later this year, and participating in invitational Realism exhibitions and other art projects coming soon. www.realismguild.com
- Laurin's painting "Williamsburg Soldiers" a finalist for the cover contest in the Summer 2009 issue of American Artist Watercolor - Click Here to View (PDF)
- Keukenhof Tulip garnered the Binders Art Supplies & Frames Award, 2009 Georgia Watercolor Society – National Exhibition.
- "Bicycles - Amsterdam" was a finalist in the competition for the Hunting Art Prize, Houston, TX
- I have been informed that my painting, Silver and Crystal with Magnolia is a Finalist in International Magazine’s Floral and Still Life Competition. Look for it in their November-December issue.
- Richeson75: Still Life & Floral '08 Competition, Second Place: "Stuart Still Life" - "The hallmarks of this work are the technical staff and arrangements of positive and negative shapes. The surface and color contrasts between the crystal, the silver and fruit bring out a strong visual diversity."
- Janet Milford Memorial Award, Watercolor West 40th Annual Exhibition - for painting "Bicycles - Amsterdam"
- On display at the Brea Gallery - October 12 - December 19, 2008
- Beauty in Watermedia Award, (The Show’s 2nd Prize) - June 2008 - 31st Tennessee Watercolor Society Biennial Exhibition
- Hardie Gramatky Memorial Award - 137th Annual International Exhibition of the American Watercolor Society